SKODA Tow bar set with electrical installation SKODA SCALA
Made to fit the exact specifications of your SKODA
The tow bar is another of our practical accessories that increase the utility of the vehicle.
Manufactured from high-quality materials, the tow bar has undergone load tests as well as rigorous testing for strength and resistance to corrosion. It complies with homologation E1* 55R01/07* 2804 and all Czech and international regulations. It features a simple, automatic mechanism that swivels the ball hitch in and out, and, when swivelled in, the ball hitch is hidden below the bumper so that it does not spoil the vehicle‘s aesthetics. Please refer to the Owner‘s Manual for detailed instructions on how to use the ball hitch.
Retrofitting a tow bar to your vehicle increases the demand on its cooling system. As a result, depending on the equipment fitted to the vehicle, the cooling system components will need to be replaced in accordance with the information either held by workshop technicians in authorised ŠKODA AUTO specialist service centres or available in B2B.
* The time units specified for how long the fitting work will take are for guidance only and depend on the model and equipment specification in question.
For fitting, the following items must also be ordered from the ŠKODA Original Components catalogue:
- for vehicles not set up for a tow bar and manufactured from week 28/2019:
- Wiring harness, 657 055 204
- for vehicles not set up for a tow bar with a 1,0/70 kW TSI a 1,6/85 kW TDI engines, it is mandatory to replace the existing radiator grille - 657 853 653A for a new one - 657 853 653.
- for vehicles not equipped with a control unit for the shock absorbers, the following must be ordered separately: 654 971 362 cover for securing the control unit
Before the tow bar is fitted, the reducing agent tank must be removed (SCR diesel engines, AKF petrol engines). This is located under the rear right wheel cover.
Product CategorySKODA Towing
SKODA Warranty12 months